VGSOM IIT Kharagpur
- Kharagpur, West Bengal
- School of Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
RANKING – 4.4/5
Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSOM) is the business school of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur.
- Fees: The MBA program fee for Indian students is around INR 14 lakhs while for international students it is around USD 24,000.
- Address: Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur – 721302, West Bengal, India.
- Average package: The average placement package for VGSOM students is around INR 15.17 lakhs per annum.
- Founder: VGSOM was established in the year 1993 with the support of Vinod Gupta, an alumnus of IIT Kharagpur and a successful entrepreneur.
- Cut off: The CAT cut-off for admission to VGSOM is generally above 90 percentile.
- Online courses: VGSOM offers an online Executive Program in Business Analytics (EPBA) for working professionals.
- Notable alumni: Some of the notable alumni of VGSOM include Swati Bhargava (Co-founder of CashKaro), Jay Dutta (CEO of Times Internet), and Vaibhav Gupta (CEO of Udaan).
- Course admissions: Admissions to VGSOM are based on the candidate’s performance in the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs).
- Highest package: The highest placement package offered to a VGSOM student in the 2021 placement season was INR 27 lakhs per annum.
- MBA fees: The MBA program fee for Indian students is around INR 14 lakhs while for international students it is around USD 24,000.
- Executive MBA: VGSOM offers an Executive MBA program for working professionals with a minimum of 5 years of work experience.
- Distance MBA: VGSOM does not offer a distance MBA program.
- Fees for BBA: VGSOM does not offer a BBA program.
- Fees after CAT: The program fee for MBA at VGSOM is the same for all candidates irrespective of their CAT score.
- Campus area: The IIT Kharagpur campus, where VGSOM is located, spans across 2,100 acres.
- Online MBA fees: VGSOM does not offer an online MBA program.
- Courses for working professionals: VGSOM offers an Executive Program in Business Analytics (EPBA) for working professionals.
- Scholarship: VGSOM offers merit-based scholarships to deserving candidates based on their academic performance and financial need.
- Eligibility criteria: Candidates applying for MBA at VGSOM should have a minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PwD) in their bachelor’s degree and a valid CAT score. For the Executive MBA program, candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of work experience.
In 1993, the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, opened the Vinod Gupta School of Management. A management school at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur is called VGSoM IIT Kharagpur. Government-run coeducational institution. IIT Kharagpur’s VGSoM is dispersed throughout 1300 acres of land. The school’s objective and vision are to cultivate future CEOs who will lead organizations and be great professionals. There are 25 faculty members in total on campus. The All India Council for Technical Education has given its approval (AICTE). According to the NIRF Management Ranking 2021, the institution is now placed 9th among all B-schools in the nation.
The Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur’s Vinod Gupta School of Management offers postgraduate and doctoral programs. The results of the student’s written test and personal interview will be used to determine whether or not they are admitted to the courses. Additionally, VGSoM IIT Kharagpur offers its students placement and scholarship options. Students at IIT Kharagpur’s VGSoM program are also eligible to apply for UGC scholarships (UGC).
What does VGSoM IIT Kharagpur’s entire name mean?
Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur is the full name of VGSoM IIT Kharagpur. It is situated in West Bengal’s Kharagpur.
Location: VGSoM Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, also known as IIT Kharagpur, is situated in Kharagpur, West Bengal. The distance between the campus and Kharagpur Junction Railway Station is 5.1 kilometers. The distance from the school to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is 141 kilometers, and it will take 3 hours to get there. The campus is 66.2 kilometers away from Kolaghat Bus Depot. The Vinod Gupta School of Management at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, is reachable via bus or taxi.
VGSOM IIT Kharagpur Courses & Fees
There are a total of 4 courses available at the postgraduate and doctoral levels at VGSoM IIT Kharagpur. The VGSoM IIT Kharagpur offers both full-time and part-time course options. M.B.A., Executive M.B.A., PGD in Business Analytics, and Ph.D. programs are offered at the Vinod Gupta School of Management at the Indian Institute of Technology in Kharagpur. From course to course, fees differ. Students who wish to apply for the VGSoM IIT Kharagpur courses must meet the fundamental requirements for eligibility set forth by the organization. The streams in which the courses of the Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur are given include management and business administration, computer application, and information technology. The following table lists the VGSoM IIT Delhi courses, together with their costs and eligibility requirements:
Rs. 10.32 Lakhs
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with at least 60% in any subject.
Students must have at least a 60% average on their master’s degree in science, economics, or commerce.
Candidates who will be taking the final year exam may also apply.
Rs. 6 Lakhs
Candidates must have a first-class master’s degree in science, economics, or commerce, or a bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology with a minimum of 60%. (with Mathematics or Statistics at the Bachelor’s degree level).
Three years of experience is a minimum.
PGD in Business Analytics
Rs. 20 Lakhs
Candidates must have earned a graduate or postgraduate degree with at least 60% in any of the following fields: 10+2+4/10+2+5/10+2+3+2
Candidates must hold a master’s degree in a relevant field with at least 60% overall, NC-OBC, and 55% overall for all other categories of candidates.
VGSOM IIT Kharagpur Admission Process
Admission is available to postgraduate and doctoral programs at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur’s Vinod Gupta School of Management. Admission to the MBA program at VGSoM IIT Kharagpur Based on how well a student performs on the CAT exam, a course will be assigned. The kids must also show up for a face-to-face interview. Admission to various degrees at the Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, will be based on results from a written test and an on-site interview. The full admissions procedure for the Vinod Gupta School of Management at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, is provided below for students to review:
Application process for VGSoM:
- Visit the VGSoM IIT Kharagpur official website.
- Complete the application with all the necessary information.
- Scan the documents, then upload them.
- Pay the application cost and submit the application.
IIT Kharagpur’s VGSoM M.B.A. admissions procedure:
- The CAT entrance exam must be taken and passed by candidates.
- Candidates who qualify must complete an application form with all of their prior academic information.
- The candidates must also show up for a face-to-face interview (PI).
- Application rating (20), CAT (40), and PI weighting factors will be used to choose students (40).
- Students must complete the required paperwork and pay the necessary fees to confirm their VGSoM IIT Kharagpur admission.
The PGDBA Admissions Process at VGSoM IIT Kharagpur is as follows:
- Students that meet the requirements must apply on the Vinod Gupta School of Management’s official website at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
- Students must show up for a written exam and then a one-on-one interview.
- The student’s performance in Class X and XII grades, written test, in-person interview, and work experience will all be taken into consideration throughout the selection process.
- After document verification and fee payment, the final admission will be made available.
NOTE: The following factors are given weight in the exams: Class X marks (7 points), Class XII marks (7 points), Work experience (6 points), Written test (40 points), and Personal interview (40).
VGSoM IIT Kharagpur’s Executive M.B.A. Admissions Process:
- Candidates must complete the Executive M.B.A. application form online.
- Candidates who meet the requirements must take a written test.
- The shortlisted applicants must then show up for an interview.
- The last stage to obtaining admission to VGSoM IIT Kharagpur is the assignment of seats, document verification, and fee payment.
VGSoM IIT Kharagpur’s doctoral program admissions procedure:
Ph.D. management courses are offered by the Vinod Gupta School of Management at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. The course lasts for six years.
IIT Kharagpur VGSoM Ph.D. Eligibility Requirements:
a master’s degree in a relevant field with at least 60% overall, NC-OBC category, and 55% overall marks.
Process for Ph.D. Admission in VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur:
- The official website’s application form must be filled out by students.
- A personal interview and an admission exam are required of candidates.
- Final candidates are chosen based on their achievement in the entrance exam, interview, and overall academic standing.
- After funds have been paid and documents have been verified, admission will be confirmed.
IIT Kharagpur VGSoM Documents Needed:
- Scorecard from the qualifying exam
- Scorecard for the entrance exam
- transfer authorization
- the ID.
- passport-sized pictures
VGSOM IIT Kharagpur Placements
A placement cell of the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur’s Vinod Gupta School of Management offers final-year students placement options. The IIT Kharagpur VGSoM placement team trains the students. In order for the students to do well in the final placements, the VGSoM SOM IIT Kharagpur placement cell organizes a variety of training programs for them, including workshops, seminars, guest lectures, etc. Businesses came to the campus to participate in the Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur placement drive. These businesses represented a variety of industries, including IT/ITES, analytics, BFSI, operations, and consulting.
Around 72 organizations took part in the placement campaign, according to the VGSoM IIT Kharagpur placements report from 2021. A total of 116 out of 120 pupils were placed. Following are specifics of Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur placement statistics:
VGSoM IIT Kharagpur Placement Statistics 2021:
Total number of students registered
Total number of students placed
Total companies participated
VGSoM IIT Kharagpur Placement Salary Highlights 2021:
Rs. 26.5 Lakhs
Rs. 18.44 Lakhs
Rs. 17.12 Lakhs
Rs. 9.55 Lakhs
Average CTC of Top 50%
Rs. 22.32 Lakhs
VGSoM IIT Kharagpur Summer Placement Report 20222:
Number of students registered for placements
Number of students placed
Total companies participated
VGSoM IIT Delhi Domain-Wise Summer Placements 2022:
Sales and Marketing
VGSOM IIT Kharagpur Facilities
The students, employees, and teachers at the Vinod Gupta School of Management at the Indian Institute of Technology in Kharagpur have access to a number of facilities. Separate dormitories for male and female postgraduate students are available at VGSoM IIT Kharagpur. The pupils can engage in certain physical activities thanks to the availability of sports and gym facilities. The amenities at the Vinod Gupta School of Management at the Indian Institute of Technology in Kharagpur additionally include a guest house for out-of-town guests, an auditorium, and medical facilities for meeting medical needs. Below are specifics on the VGSoM IIT Kharagpur facilities:
The pupils have access to accommodations through the school. Students doing postgraduate studies have access to hostels. The hostel students have access to the internet.
Separate dormitories are available at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur’s Vinod Gupta School of Management for female students enrolled in the M.B.A. program. Internet access is available in every room.
- C. Roy Technology Hospital is on campus. Both indoor and outdoor treatment facilities are offered. Students can use the medical facilities by writing the medical book.
The school features a gymnasium that is equipped with all the necessities. For physical fitness, students can use the gym.
A library with a selection of national and international publications and newspapers is one of the VGSoM IIT Kharagpur services. Both the school’s library and the IIT Kharagpur Central Library are open to students.
The students have access to a variety of indoor and outdoor sporting facilities. Students have access to a swimming pool as well.
Infrastructure for IT
Facilities at VGSoM IIT Kharagpur have labs. The laboratories have computer systems with the most recent databases and software. A high-speed bandwidth wire connects it.
The staff and students can use the school’s large auditorium. It can be applied to the running of seminars, occasions, yearly celebrations, guest lectures, etc.
Associations of Alumni
This college has a facility for alumni associations.
The VGSoM IIT Kharagpur campus has internet access throughout. Internet use is free for students.
VGSOM IIT Kharagpur FAQs
QUES: Can a student with a bachelor’s in business administration with honours in accounting apply to this college?
If you are a BCOM candidate, you can still apply for the MBA programme at the Vinod Gupta School of Management at IIT Kharagpur, but you must first have a high CAT score. Your admission will also be determined by your interview, as well as your 10th, 12th, and graduation grades, as well as your CAT score.
I wish you luck.
QUES: What should I decide between IIM Kashipur and VGSO for my MBA? Please advise that there be NO INCLINATION TOWARD ANY PARTICULAR SPECIALIZATION.
VGSOM IIT Kharagpur is ranked 26, whereas IIM KASHIPUR is ranked 24.
For IIM Kashipur, the following information is provided:
Course Fees: 1029000
95th percentile on the CAT scale
Maximum Package: 21,78 lakh
The following information pertains to vgsom IIT Kharagpur:
Course Fees: 7.18 million; Seats: 160
Highest Package: 96th percentile, 23 lakhs as the cutoff.
Since you lack personal preferences, it is advised that you choose IIM Kashipura over VGSOM because of its superior rankings, comparable packages, and on-campus amenities. You make the final decision.
QUES: Hello, I received a CAT score of 93.58. Is there any chance that I’ll make it to VGSOM?
The 90th percentile is the cutoff, thus. The past academic records are also highlighted by VGSoM. Therefore, your odds of receiving a call in the early 1990s are better the better such external factors you have. 93-94 is a safe range, though. I am aware of individuals that convert right before the deadline.
For further information on how to calculate the composite score, you can consult their website.
QUES: I am a GEM with a 10/12/grade as a 95/84/80 fresher, respectively. To receive a call from the IIT KGP MBA, what percentile must you achieve?
A CAT score of at least 90% is required to receive a call from IIT KHARAGPUR.
Additionally, you have excellent academic records, which increases your prospects if your test results are above 95.
QUES: What is the cutoff for the GMAT?
For its admissions process, the Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSoM) takes the CAT results of local students and the GMAT scores of overseas students.
According to the official website, in order to qualify for the VGSoM admissions procedure, students in the overseas category must receive a total scaled GMAT score of at least 750. The GMAT-qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the PI and WAT rounds.
Hope that helps.
QUES: I’m not an engineer, and my percentile score is 95.41. Are there any chances that VGSOM or other IIT B-schools will call me?
The Vinod Gupta School of Management Studies at IIT Roorkee does not admit non-engineers. For entrance to this program at this particular college, a person must be an engineer. You can apply to other IITs for MBA because, with that percentile, you stand a good chance of being admitted there. In any case, congratulations and best wishes!
QUES: DOES VGSOM ACCEPT STUDENTS WITH BACKGROUNDS OTHER THAN ENGG?
Students with credentials other than engineering are not accepted to the Vinod Gupta School of Management at the Indian Institute of Technology in Kharagpur. To be accepted into this specific college for an MBA, the applicant must be an engineer.
QUES: What is the general category’s minimal GPA?
For institutions that either a) issue degrees based on the total points earned throughout all years of the qualifying degree OR b) grant degrees based on the total points earned across the final two semesters or the qualifying degree’s final year:
A minimum of 60% in GE/NC-OBC (OR CGPA of 6.5 on a 10-pointpoint scale)
SC/ST/PWD: 55% or higher is required (OR CGPA of 6.0 on a 10-point scale)
If the CGPA is less than 10.0 in either of the two circumstances above, the eligibility of the candidates will be determined using the aforementioned equivalency.
QUES: My CAT score was 87.96 percentile. I have 38 months of job experience in the IT industry. Do I stand a chance of receiving a call?
The minimal CAT cutoff for VGSoM IIT KHARAGPUR is 90 percentile for general category candidates, 80 percentile for NC OBC candidates, and 75 percentile for SC, ST, and PD applicants. You can evaluate your prospects in that way.
QUES: What percentage must you score in order to be called by VGSOM IIT Kharagpur?
To be admitted to VGSOM IIT Kharagpur, you must receive at least a 90 percentile if you fall under the general category.