RANKING – 4.3/5
Government | Institute of National Importance | NIRF Rank 5th (Management)
IIM Kozhikode is one of the premier management institutes in India.
- IIM Kozhikode fees: The fees for the two-year full-time MBA program at IIM Kozhikode is around INR 20 lakhs.
- IIM Kozhikode address: IIM Kozhikode is located in Kunnamangalam, Kozhikode, Kerala, India.
- IIM Kozhikode average package: The average package offered to the students at IIM Kozhikode during the placement season is around INR 23 lakhs per annum.
- IIM Kozhikode founder: IIM Kozhikode was founded in 1996 by the Government of India in collaboration with the State Government of Kerala and the industry.
- IIM Kozhikode cut off: The CAT cut-off for IIM Kozhikode is usually above 97 percentile.
- IIM Kozhikode online courses: IIM Kozhikode offers various online courses in management for working professionals through its Interactive Distance Learning (IDL) mode.
- IIM Kozhikode notable alumni: Some of the notable alumni of IIM Kozhikode include Vineet Nayar, CEO of HCL Technologies, and Rajiv Singh, CEO of Karvy Group.
- IIM Kozhikode course admissions: Admissions to IIM Kozhikode are done through the Common Admission Test (CAT).
- IIM Kozhikode highest package: The highest package offered to the students at IIM Kozhikode during the placement season is around INR 58 lakhs per annum.
- IIM Kozhikode MBA fees: The fees for the two-year full-time MBA program at IIM Kozhikode is around INR 20 lakhs.
- IIM Kozhikode executive MBA: IIM Kozhikode offers a one-year full-time executive MBA program for working professionals with a minimum of 3 years of work experience.
- IIM Kozhikode distance MBA: IIM Kozhikode offers a two-year part-time Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP) through its Interactive Distance Learning (IDL) mode.
- IIM Kozhikode fees for BBA: IIM Kozhikode does not offer a BBA program.
- IIM Kozhikode fees after CAT: The fees for the two-year full-time MBA program at IIM Kozhikode remains the same regardless of the mode of admission.
- IIM Kozhikode campus area: The IIM Kozhikode campus is spread across 111 acres of land.
- IIM Kozhikode online MBA fees: The fees for the online MBA program offered by IIM Kozhikode varies depending on the program.
- IIM Kozhikode courses for working professionals: IIM Kozhikode offers various management programs for working professionals such as the Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP) and the Post Graduate Programme in Business Leadership (PGP-BL).
- IIM Kozhikode scholarship: IIM Kozhikode offers various scholarships to its students based on their academic performance, family income, and other criteria.
- IIM Kozhikode eligibility criteria: The eligibility criteria for admission to the MBA program at IIM Kozhikode is a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks and a valid CAT score. For executive MBA programs
Indian Institute of Management, also known as IIM Kozhikode, is a nationally significant institution that was founded in the year 1996. One of the 20 Indian Institutes of Management is IIM Kozhikode (IIMs). IIMK provides doctoral programmes and postgraduate courses in a variety of fields of specialization. Admission is available to a total of 7 courses at the institute. IIMK admissions are available to 6 PG courses and 1 doctorate course out of these 7 courses. Students who want to enroll in these courses must ensure they meet the prerequisites. Students must apply and appear for CAT, GRE, and/or GMAT in order to be admitted to the Post Graduate Programme in Business Leadership course as well as the PGPM programme.
Full Form of IIMK
IIMK, or Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, is its full name. Kerala, India is where it is situated.
Site of IIMK
The IIMK Kozhikode campus is located in Kozhikode, Kerala, India. The closest bus stop to IIMK is Kunnamangalam New Bus Stop, which is 400 meters away and can be reached in one minute. The closest train station is Kozhikode Railway Station, which is 14. 8 kilometers away from IIM Kozhikode and can be reached in 35 minutes. The closest airport to IIMK is Kozhikode International Airport, which is located about 31.9 kilometers away. Students can take a cab or a bus to go to the Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode campus.
IIM Kozhikode Courses & Fees
The university provides doctoral-level and postgraduate studies. IIM Kozhikode provides a total of 7 programs, of which 1 is a doctoral course and 6 are postgraduate courses. The Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode offers master’s level programs, including doctoral level programs, postgraduate programs in business leadership (BL), liberal studies and management (LS&M), with specializations in finance and general management (Ph.D.). Candidates who meet the requirements can apply online for their preferred course after completing the form.
Admission to IIM Kozhikode programmes is based on performance on a variety of admission exams, including the CAT, GMAT, and others. The cost of the postgraduate programme in liberal studies and management is Rs. 20,50,00, and applicants must take the CAT, GRE, or GMAT and pass with passing scores. Students applying for admission to the PGPM programme must hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 60% and a valid CAT score. The PhD programme at IIM Kozhikode lasts six years.
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks along with a valid score in CAT.
Executive Post Graduation Programme in Management
Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline with minimum 50% aggregate marks along with 3 years of managerial/ entrepreneurial/ professional experience.
Post Graduate Programme in Business Leadership
Graduates in any discipline with minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA along with minimum 3 years work experience after completion of graduation and valid GMAT/GRE/CAT score.
Post Graduate Programme in Finance
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks, along with a valid score in CAT/GRE/GMAT.
Post Graduate Programme in Liberal Studies and Management
Master’s or post graduate Diploma (2 yrs) with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA. Or
Professional qualifications of CA, ICWA and CS with B.Com/ or any other degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent. Or
B.Tech or any 4 year degree with 6.5 CGPA or equivalent.
IIM Kozhikode Cut-off
Candidates must meet the IIM, Kozikhode CAT Cut-Off in order to be admitted to PGP programmes. Shortlisted candidates are chosen based on their CAT scores, prior academic performance, and in-person interviews. Students who want to enroll in the post-graduate programmes at IIM Kozhikode must also meet the minimum requirements in classes 10 and 12 in addition to meeting the CAT cutoff. IIM Kozhikode cut-offs are announced based on the average student performance, the total number of students taking the exam, and statistics from the previous year’s cutoffs. The minimal qualifying requirements must be met by applicants, and they must also follow all other procedures in the admissions process.
IIM Kozhikode Cutoff for PGP Admission 2022-24
CAT Sectional Percentile
IIM Kozhikode Admission Process
Admission is available to 7 different courses at the Indian Institute of Management in Kozhikode. IIMK admissions are available for 6 PG courses and 1 doctorate course out of these 7 courses. Business leadership, liberal studies, management and finance, as well as the general postgraduate programme in management, are the three main specializations provided in the postgraduate management programmes. Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management, PGPM, and Post Graduate Programme in Liberal Studies and Management, among other courses, are some of the programmes to which the Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode offers admittance. PhD. Management students are also eligible for IIMK doctoral admission.
Students who want to enroll in one of these courses must ensure that they meet the minimum required enrollment. Students who meet the admission requirements can apply by completing the online application form on IIM Kozhikode’s official website. Each course’s admissions procedure at IIM Kozhikode is unique and includes document submission, verification, and fee payment. To get admitted to PGP-BL, candidates must take the GMAT, GRE, or CAT exam and have a passing score. Candidates must have taken any of the following tests to be eligible for admission to the doctorate program: CAT, GMAT, GRE, UGC-NET, GATE, and UGC/CSIR JRF.
IIM, Kozhikode PG Admissions
Six courses at IIM Kozhikode provide PG admissions. Courses at IIM Kozhikode are available full-time. Students must confirm that they meet the prerequisites before submitting an application for admission to any of these courses. There are 480 spots available for admission to the PGPM program. Candidates for the IIMK PGP-F, PGP-LSM, and PGP-BL programs must have taken the CAT, GMAT, or GRE and obtained passing scores.
IIM, Kozhikode Admission Process for PGPM
- All applicants who choose IIM Kozhikode in their CAT applications and meet the minimum eligibility requirements will receive an email with instructions on how to register online for admission to IIM Kozhikode.
- Candidates should also submit an online IIMK application to be considered for admission.
- Based on an Aggregate Index Score, a list of shortlisted applicants for each reservation category will be created (AIS).
- The CAT score, Class X and XII academic performance, work experience, and gender and academic diversity are used to calculate the AIS.
- A personal interview will be requested of the short-listed candidates (PI)
- A merit list of shortlisted candidates will be made public following the interview stage.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted must pay the requisite amount and have their documents checked.
Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode Ph.D Admissions
The university only provides one doctoral program. For candidates interested in studying research-based management studies courses, this is a 6-year program. A master’s or postgraduate degree with at least a 55% grade point average is required of candidates.
IIM, Kozhikode Ph.D Management Admission Process
- The university’s official website has an application form that applicants must complete.
- Candidates must have passed one of the following tests in order to be considered: CAT, GATE, GMAT, GRE, UGC-NET, or UGC/CSIR JRF.
- Applications will be assessed based on the applicant’s academic standing, career history, statement of purpose, prior research experience, extracurricular involvement, referee profile, and recommendations.
- A personal interview will be scheduled for the shortlisted individuals.
- Additionally, the candidates will be informed if there will be a written test for a certain subject.
- The institute will release the final list, and those who have been shortlisted must pay the application fee and provide supporting documentation for review.
IIMK Documents required
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a qualified program from an accredited university
- Birth certificates serve as identification
- Scorecard for the entrance exam
- Immigration permit
- 10 + 2 level qualification outcome
- In the case of an unrecognized university, CA, CS, or ICWA-qualified letters
- Social caste certificates for pupils in the reserved category
IIM Kozhikode Placements
The final IIM Kozhikode Placement 2022 has been completed for the school’s flagship PGP, PGP Finance, and PGP Liberal Studies and Management programs. IIM Kozhikode Placements 2022 had 100% placements in just three days, with 571 offers from 116 recruiters, 38% of which were PPOs. The average package offered by IIM Kozhikode was INR 29.5 lakhs, which is a 30% increase over the prior year. With 100% placements, the inaugural PGP Finance Placements and PGP Liberal Studies and Management Placements at IIM Kozhikode were great successes.
Six foreign job offers for Growth & Strategy posts came from three different firms during IM Kozhikode Placement 2022. IIM Kozhikode’s highest package, with a median CTC of INR 26.5 lakhs, was INR 61.5 lakhs for international students and INR 52.22 lakhs for domestic students. When compared to the IIM Kozhikode Placement from the previous year, both the average CTC and the maximum CTC during the 2022 IIM Kozhikode MBA Placements jumped by over 30%. During this hiring push, this set a new record.
Additionally, IIM Kozhikode completed its PGP-BL placement process for the 2022 batch and achieved a placement rate of 100%. For the PGP 2022–24 class, the institute also completed IIM Kozhikode Summer Placements, with 100% placements. With a median stipend of INR 2.5 Lakhs, the highest IIM Kozhikode Package was INR 6.47 Lakhs.
IIM Kozhikode Summer Placements 2022-24
For the PGP 2022–24 class, the IIM Kozhikode Summer Placements have successfully concluded. The 541 PGP students who participated in this season’s summer placements all received offers of employment. Attracting 122 recruiters from various industries, IIM Kozhikode Summer Placements offered internships with the maximum remuneration of INR 6.47 lakhs. The median stipend increased by 25% from the previous year to INR 2.5 lakhs.
IIM Kozhikode Summer Placements 2022-24 – Key Highlights
Number of Recruiters
INR 6.47 LPA
INR 2.5 LPA
IIM Kozhikode Summer Placements Year-Wise Trends
Students can better comprehend the IIM Kozhikode Summer Placements and get ready for them by using the summer placements statistics from the prior year. The following table shows 2021, 2020, and 2019 IIM Kozhikode Summer Placements year-by-year trends.
IIM Kozhikode Summer Placement Year
Highest Stipend (LPA)
Median Stipend (LPA)
Average Stipend (LPA)
IIM Kozhikode Summer Placements 2024 – Domain-Wise
The consulting industry made about 26% of the offers during the IIM Kozhikode Summer Placements this year. It was followed by sales and marketing, which also saw an impressive increase in the number of offers. The sector-specific distribution of IIM Kozhikode Summer Placements 2024 is displayed in the table below. At the IIM Kozhikode Summer Placements, employers included Accenture Strategy, BCG, Deloitte, Everest Group, EY, EY-Parthenon, Bain & Company, GEP, KPMG, PwC, and Synergy Consulting.
% of Students Placed
Sales and Marketing
IT & Analytics
General Management and operations
IIM Kozhikode Facilities
The Indian Institute of Management in Kozhikode is furnished with a variety of cutting-edge amenities that make student life on campus convenient and enjoyable. Facilities at IIM Kozhikode include a restaurant, dormitories, computer labs, and others. A well-stocked library, many guest houses with all the essential amenities, hostels for both boys and girls, a first-rate IT infrastructure, and other amenities are available at IIM Kozhikode. Along with typical LAN connectivity, a lot of the classrooms also have Wi-Fi. Additionally, there is a different elevated area with cutting-edge ISDN and IP-related technologies. Additionally, the institute provides areas for both indoor and outdoor sports.
There are 19 well-designed hostels at the institute, with a total capacity of 1375 students, some of which are designated specifically for male students. All of these hostels have washing machines, even though some of them do have air conditioners. In order to give the students seamless internet access, LAN connections have been installed in every dorm room.
There are separate hostels for female students at IIM Kozhikode. The dorm rooms are comfortably furnished. The hostels offer roomy accommodations with cozy beds. There are also a number of recreational amenities available for the students, including a music room and indoor activities including a snooker table, dart board, and carrom board.
IIMK classrooms are designed to offer a conducive environment for adequate learning. The classrooms are clean and have enough space.
Waiting area/guest room
The Management Development Center provides a supportive academic and learning environment for participants in the IIMK Management Development Programs. There are 116 air-conditioned basic and premium rooms with attached bathrooms, cable TV, mini-refrigerators, and internet connection.
A large and well-stocked library with hundreds of books, magazines, journals, and other items is available at the institute. The library of IIM Kozhikode houses a sizable collection of print books, electronic books, print journals, and other items. The library provides thousands of electronic books, journals, periodicals, films, cases, newspapers, and much more in addition to printed materials.
The IIM, Kozhikode campus has a variety of indoor and outdoor game facilities because the institute is committed to the students’ entire development.
There is plenty of outdoor area for sports including badminton, basketball, football, and cricket at IIM Kozhikode. Students have access to enough room and opportunities to play their preferred sport when the school’s grounds are well maintained.
Infrastructure for IT
The IT infrastructure of IIMK is multi-layered, with workstations and personal computers making up the lowest layer. File servers and database servers make up the IIM Kozhikode infrastructure facilities’ next layer. Web servers, FTP servers, email servers, and other high-end servers and computers that perform resource-intensive operations make up the third layer. All campus buildings, including the dorms, are connected to the campus LAN, and any node can access any of the LAN’s services.
IIMK students have access to special mess facilities. In addition to the three normal meals, the students are also given tea and snacks through the mess. Additionally, there is a restaurant on campus that satisfies the students’ diverse dietary preferences.
At IIM, Kozhikode, there are two auditoriums with respective seating capacities of 250 and 400. They are employed for holding seminars, conferences, cultural programs, student activities, and other significant institute-wide events.
IIMK has made significant strides in connecting its campus to the Internet and other high-bandwidth research networks like ERNET and RENIC in order to connect it to the outside world.
The medical facilities at IIM Kozhikode additionally include a first aid box that is stocked with all essential supplies. In the event of a medical emergency, students can receive assistance from a professional in the medical room.
The university where the institute is located also has a gym with all the necessary apparatus. The accessibility of a gym aids students in maintaining their physical and mental well-being.
IIM Kozhikode Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
1: Where did IIM Kozhikode place in the NIRF Rankings 2022?
IIM Kozhikode is ranked 79th overall and fifth in the management category in the NIRF Ranking 2022, respectively.
2: Has IIMK produced any famous graduates?
Yes, IIMK has a large number of illustrious graduates. Rajesh Kumar B, Revant Bhate, and Rohit Koshy are a few among them.
- Which bus stop is nearest to IIM Kozhikode?
The closest bus stop to IIM Kozhikode is Kunnamangalam New Bus Stop, which is roughly 400m away, taking about 1 minute to cross the distance.
- How much does the IIM Kozhikode Post Graduate Programme in Finance (PGP-Finance) cost?
The fee for the Postgraduate program in finance at IIM Kozhikode is Rs. 20.54 lakhs
5: Does the IIM in Kozhikode have a student hostel?
IIMK does indeed have separate dormitories for boys and girls.
6: What was IIM Kozhikode’s median wage for the two-year PG programme in 2019–20?
In the academic year 2019–20 at IIM Kozhikode, the median remuneration for the two-year PG programme was Rs. 20,80,000.
7: What factors does the IIMK consider when deciding who gets into the postgraduate programme?
Candidates are accepted into the postgraduate programmes by the institute based on how well they performed on the CAT, GRE, GMAT, work experience, and PI.
8: What was IIM Kozhikode’s median wage for the two-year PG programme in 2020–21?
In the academic year 2020–21 at IIM Kozhikode, the median remuneration for the two-year PG programme was Rs. 20,000,000.
9: Which grades on entrance exams are accepted for admission to the Post Graduate Management Program at IIM Kozhikode?
The institution accepts CAT scores for PGP-Management admission.
10: The Kozhikode campus of the IIM offers how many PhD programmes?
The institute solely provides the PhD in Management as a doctorate programme.