DoMS Indian Institute of Science
- Department of Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
DoMS Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is a premier management institute located in Bangalore, India, and is a part of the prestigious Indian Institute of Science (IISc) campus.
- Fees: The MBA program fee at DoMS IISc is around INR 1,00,000 per annum for Indian nationals and around INR 2,50,000 per annum for foreign nationals.
- Address: Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore – 560012, Karnataka, India.
- Average package: The average package offered to students of the MBA program at DoMS IISc is around INR 13 lakhs per annum.
- Founder: The Department of Management Studies at IISc was established in 1947.
- Cut off: The CAT cut off for DoMS IISc usually ranges between 97-98 percentile.
- Online courses: DoMS IISc offers a few online certification courses for working professionals.
- Notable alumni: Some notable alumni of DoMS IISc include Ramesh Srinivasan (CEO of Photon Infotech), Rajiv Bhatia (VP at Dell EMC), and Dinesh Verma (Director of Technology at Amazon).
- Course admissions: Admissions to the MBA program at DoMS IISc are based on CAT scores, followed by a written ability test and a personal interview.
- Highest package: The highest package offered to students of the MBA program at DoMS IISc is around INR 23 lakhs per annum.
- Executive MBA: DoMS IISc offers an Executive MBA program for working professionals.
- Distance MBA: DoMS IISc does not offer a distance MBA program.
- Fees for BBA: DoMS IISc does not offer a BBA program.
- Scholarship: DoMS IISc offers scholarships to deserving students based on merit and financial need.
- Eligibility criteria: To be eligible for admission to the MBA program at DoMS IISc, a candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks and a valid CAT score.
- Campus area: The IISc campus is spread over 400 acres and is located in the heart of Bangalore.
- Online MBA fees: DoMS IISc does not offer an online MBA program.
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, launched the Department of Management Studies in 1947. Government-run coeducational institution. 443 acres of land make up the campus. A constituent department of the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore is DoMS IISc. There are a total of 8 faculty members on campus. The students have access to a variety of amenities, including a library, separate dorms for boys and girls, labs, internet, a swimming pool, a bank, an ATM, and a café.
Master of Management and Ph.D. Management are two courses offered by the Department of Management Studies at the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore. The program also offers students placement chances. Additionally, DoMS IISc Bangalore offers scholarships to students in the form of medals and prizes (prize money).
What is DoMS IISc’s full name?
The Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore is known by its full name, DoMS IISc. It is situated in Karnataka’s Bengaluru.
At 2H79+FAV, Kodandarampura, Malleswara, Bengaluru, Karnataka, is where you can find DoMS IISc. Just one kilometer separates the college from Malleswaram Railway Station. Kempegowda International Airport is the closest airport. The campus is about 32.3 kilometers away and can be reached in 42 minutes. The distance between Vyalikaval Bus Stop and the DoMS IISc Bangalore is 1.9 kilometers. To go to the Department of Management Studies at the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore, students can take a bus or a cab.
DoMS Indian Institute of Science Courses & Fees
The Indian Institute of Science Bangalore’s Department of Management Studies offers postgraduate and doctoral level coursework. The department offers 2 courses in total. In the subject areas of management and business administration, IISc DoMS courses are available. Full-time courses are available through the Department of Management Studies at the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore. The department’s two DoMS IISc programmes are the Master of Management and PhD. Management. Students who meet the requirements can enroll in these courses. The Master of Management programme costs 3.03 lakh rupees. Students interested in learning more about DoMS IISc courses, costs, and eligibility requirements should consult the table below:
Master of Management
Rs. 3.03 Lakhs
Candidates must hold a first-class B.E./B. Tech. or equivalent degree.
Valid CAT, GMAT, or GATE score.
a master’s degree, or its equivalent, with the necessary marks from a college approved by the UGC
Admissions at the Indian Institute of Science (DOMS)
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore’s Department of Management Studies admits students to its postgraduate and doctoral programs. The doctorate level offers the Ph.D. and the postgraduate level offers the Master of Management. Based on the student’s performance in the CAT, GATE, or GMAT entrance exam, followed by a group discussion and an interview, DoMS IISc will admit students to the postgraduate program. The GATE/UGC NET exam will be taken into consideration for admission to the Ph.D. program. The chosen students must also show up for a face-to-face interview. The Department of Management Studies at the Indian Institute of Science Bangalore admissions process concludes with a seat assignment, document verification, and fee payment.
Admissions to the DoMS IISc Master of Management Program
- Students must pass either one of the CAT, GATE, or GMAT entrance exams.
- The institute’s official website must be used by eligible candidates to submit an online application.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted must show up for a group discussion and interview.
- In order to confirm their acceptance to the Department of Management Studies at the Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, students must also submit the required paperwork and pay the applicable fees.
Admissions to the DoMS at IISc
The department only provides one doctoral-level course. The DoMS IISc Bangalore offers a Ph.D. Management course. The course lasts for six years.
Admission Process for the Ph.D. Program at DoMS IISc
- Students must take and pass the Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF, GATE, or UGC NET test.
- Candidates must complete the application form on the DoMS IISc Bangalore website.
- Based on the results of the entrance exam, the students will be chosen.
- Students who have been shortlisted must show up for an interview with the relevant department.
- To confirm admission, submit the required paperwork and make the required payments.
- marks from the qualifying exams
- Scorecard for the entrance exam
- the ID.
- transfer authorization
- passport-sized pictures
DoMS Indian Institute of Science Placements
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore’s Department of Management Studies maintains a placement department that offers final-year students placement chances. Students receive training from the DoMS IISc placement cell through the organization of seminars, workshops, mock interviews, group discussions, etc. Internship opportunities are offered to students via the Department of Management Studies’ placement office at the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore. The DoMS IISc placement cell serves as a link between the organizations and the students. According to the DoMS IISc placements report 2020, the highest remuneration given to a student was Rs. 43.6 Lakhs. For the purpose of conducting the placement drive, businesses from various industries come to campus. Below are the DoMS IISc placement details:
DoMS IISc Bangalore Placement Highlights 2020
Rs. 43.6 Lakhs
Rs. 24.1 Lakhs
Rs. 24.5 Lakhs
DoMS IISc Top Recruiters
McKinsey and Company
AB InBev GAC
DoMS Indian Institute of Science Facilities
The Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore’s Department of Management Studies offers a variety of amenities to its faculty, staff, and students. There is a library at DoMS IISc Bangalore with a selection of books, magazines, etc. For the students, there are separate dorms for boys and girls. Sports, medical facilities, IT infrastructure, labs, a swimming pool, a bank, an ATM, and other amenities are also available at DoMS IISc. The following information on each DoMS IISc Bangalore facility is available to students:
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore’s Boys Dormitory Department of Management Studies offers hostel amenities to its male students. Singlesingle and double rooms are available to students. Food for the pupils is supplied at the mess.
For the students, the institute offers distinct housing options. There are three dining rooms in hostels, one of which is vegetarian and the other two are not. The students can choose between single and shared accommodations.
For the benefit of the faculty and students, DoMS at IISc has a health center. At the medical facility, competent doctors and nurses are on duty full-time in case of an emergency. Additionally, it has an X-ray facility, a diagnostic laboratory, and ultrasound for non-invasive testing.
All cultural and extracurricular activities are held in the gymkhana facilities provided by the Department of Management Studies.
There is a sizable collection of books, magazines, and journals at the library (Ranade Library).
With a cricket field, tennis courts, swimming pool, cinder track, indoor badminton court, pool tables, ping pong tables, and more, it also offers sports facilities. There are both indoor and outdoor auditoriums in the DoMS, and IISc gymkhana.
Infrastructure for IT
The department maintains a robust IT foundation that gives the entire university access to the internet.
Associations of Alumni
The college’s alumni organization has good networking opportunities.
Facilities in the Department of Management Studies at the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore include a pool. The swimming pool is open to students during their free time.
Students at DoMS, Indian Institute of Science, have access to computer labs for practical training.
State Bank of India and Canara Bank are located on the campus of the university. Additionally, there is an ATM on the property.
DoMS Indian Institute of Science Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
1: How big is the whole campus?
443 acres of land make up the campus.
2: What paperwork is necessary at the time of admission?
At the time of admission, it is necessary to present documents including qualifying examination mark sheets, entrance exam scorecards, ID proofs, transfer certificates, and passport-size pictures.
3. What is the Master of Management program’s admissions procedure?
The CAT/GATE/GMAT exam, a group discussion, and an interview are the steps in the admissions process for the Master of Management program.
4: How much does the Master of Management program cost?
The Master of Management program costs Rs. 3.03 Lakhs in tuition.
5: In 2020, what was the typical wage offered to students?
The typical pay offered to students in 2020 is Rs. 24.1 Lakhs.
6: Does the department offer students any scholarships?
A scholarship in the form of a medal or award is really offered by DoMS IISc Bangalore. Prof. K.N. Krishnaswamy Medal, Prof. B.G. Raghavendra Medal, and Indian Economic Association (IEA) Medal The top students in each department are given medals.
7: Which airport is closest to the DoMS IISc Bangalore?
Kempegowda International Airport is the closest airport. It is around 32.3 km away and will take around 42 minutes
8: How many courses does the department offer?
The department offers two courses in total—Master of Management and Ph.D. in Management.
9: Is there any departmental cooperation?
Yes, the department has worked with a variety of organizations, including Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd., Brigade Group, Canara Bank, Central Power Research Institute, Central Silk Board, CIVIC, Defense Research, and Development Organization, Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd., Hindustan Machine Tools, etc.
10: The DoMS IISc Bangalore was founded when?
In Bangalore, the DoMS IISc was founded in 1947.