- Poriem, Goa
- NIRF Ranking 36th(management)
RANKING – 4.4/5
Goa Institute of Management (GIM) is a leading business school in India, established in the year 1993.
- Fees: The fee for the two-year PGDM course at GIM Goa is around INR 17.25 lakhs.
- Address: Goa Institute of Management, Sanquelim Campus, Poriem, Sattari, Goa – 403505, India.
- Average package: The average package offered to the students at GIM Goa is around INR 11.72 lakhs per annum.
- Founder: GIM Goa was founded by Fr. Romuald D’Souza, SJ.
- Cut off: The CAT cut off for the PGDM program at GIM Goa is around 85-90 percentile.
- Online courses: GIM Goa offers various online courses in management, leadership, and entrepreneurship through its Executive Education programs.
- Notable alumni: Some of the notable alumni of GIM Goa include Satyajit Das, CFO of a leading media conglomerate, and Madhavan Menon, Chairman and Managing Director of Thomas Cook India.
- Course admissions: Admissions to the PGDM program at GIM Goa are based on the candidate’s CAT/XAT/GMAT score, followed by a group discussion and personal interview.
- Highest package: The highest package offered to the students at GIM Goa is around INR 28 lakhs per annum.
- MBA fees: GIM Goa does not offer a traditional MBA program. Instead, it offers a PGDM program, the fees for which are around INR 17.25 lakhs.
- Executive MBA: GIM Goa offers a one-year Executive MBA program for working professionals with a minimum of five years of work experience.
- Distance MBA: GIM Goa does not offer a distance MBA program.
- Fees for BBA: GIM Goa does not offer a BBA program.
- Fees after CAT: The fee for the PGDM program at GIM Goa remains the same regardless of the candidate’s CAT score.
- Campus area: GIM Goa’s Sanquelim campus is spread over 50 acres of land.
- BBA: GIM Goa does not offer a BBA program.
- Online MBA fees: GIM Goa does not offer an online MBA program, but it offers online courses through its Executive Education programs.
- Courses for working professionals: GIM Goa offers various Executive Education programs, including Executive MBA, online courses, and customized programs for working professionals.
- Scholarship: GIM Goa offers various scholarships based on merit and need-cum-merit to deserving students.
- Eligibility criteria: To be eligible for the PGDM program at GIM Goa, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks and a valid CAT/XAT/GMAT score.
The freestanding Goa Institute of Management (GIM), located in Goa, was founded in 1993. Admissions are available to a total of 6 programs at the Goa Institute of Management. CAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT, and MAT are just a few of the entrance exams used to determine admission to GIM Goa. For all issues relating to placement and internships, the Goa Institute of Management has a specialized placement cell. Scholarships at GIM Goa are available to eligible and distinguished students. The 50-acre campus is home to a number of amenities for students, including dormitories, a library, labs, and more.
The All India Council for Technical Education has authorized GMI Goa (AICTE). The National Board of Accreditation has granted PGDM and P.G.D.M. Healthcare Management programs accreditation (NBA). The university is a part of the AACSB network and has received SAQS accreditation. With a score of 52.75 in the management category, the college took home 35th place in the NIRF Ranking 2021.
Goa location of GIM
The Goa Institute of Management is situated in Sattari, Goa, in Poriem. The Goa International Airport is 45 kilometers away from the institute and is the closest airport. The Prime Railway Station is the one closest to GIM Goa. The distance from the institute is only 3.9 kilometers. At a distance of 2.5 kilometers, the Sankhali KTC Bus Station is the bus station closest to the institute.
GIM Goa Ranking, Honors, Approval, and Awards
In the NIRF Management Ranking 2021, the college is placed 35.
The AICTE has given the institute its approval.
The NBA and SAQS have granted the institute accreditation.
Goa Institute of Management, Goa Courses & Fees
The Goa Institute of Management (GIM), located in Goa, provides a total of 6 postgraduate programs. Courses at GIM Goa are available in both full-time and part-time formats. Both PGDMs The GIM Goa PG programs are part-time and FPM. GIM Goa offers PGDM programs in the Management and Business Administration, Computer Application and IT, and Commerce disciplines. To apply for the courses, students must first complete the fundamental eligibility requirements. Students may continue with the admission procedure if they have satisfied the GIM Goa eligibility requirements. The following table lists the GIM Goa courses, fees, and eligibility requirements:
Rs. 18.07 Lakhs
Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree with at least a 50% grade point average.
a passing CAT, XAT, GMAT, or CMAT score.
Rs. 4.78 Lakhs
At the master’s level from a recognized board and at the 10+2 level, students must earn at least 60% of the possible points.
Process of Admission at GIM Goa
Six postgraduate programmes are available for enrollment at the Goa Institute of Management (GIM), located in Goa. Admission to the PGDM programmes at the Goa Institute of Management is based on performance in the entrance exams. Students must take the CAT, CMAT, XAT, or GMAT in order to apply to the GIM Goa PGDM programmes. For admittance to PGDM courses, candidates must additionally show up for a face-to-face evaluation round. For the FPM admissions procedure at GIM Goa, applicants must submit two letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, a research proposal, and an interview appearance. Below are the specifics of the Goa Institute of Management admissions process:
Application Procedure for GIM Goa
- The Goa Institute of Management’s official website must be accessed by the candidates.
- An additional tab will open when you click the “Apply Now” icon.
- Candidates must register on their own.
- The candidate’s email address will be validated.
- Complete the application.
- the application cost for GIM Goa. The application fee is between 1,500 and 4,500 rupees.
- Send in your application.
Admissions for PGDM (BDA) at GIM Goa
- Candidates must achieve a valid score on the XAT, CAT, CMAT, or GMAT.
- Students must then complete the GIM Goa application.
- Shortlisted candidates have genuine test results and a pertinent profile.
- Additionally, candidates must pass the online GAAT (GIM Analytics Aptitude Test) in order to move on.
- The next step is for the shortlisted candidates to take part in the in-person assessment procedure.
- The results of the entrance exam, prior academic performance, work experience, face-to-face evaluation, and composite diversity index are used to determine which candidates will be chosen in the end.
- After document verification and the GIM Goa fee payment process, the final selection will be made.
GIM Goa PG Admissions Procedure
- Candidates must pass the CAT, XAT, GMAT, and CMAT exams.
- The GIM Goa application form must be filled out online by eligible applicants.
- The screening process for applicants must be conducted in person and must involve a group discussion and a personal interview.
- Students will be chosen based on how well they performed on the entrance exam, as well as their prior academic record, employment history, GD, PI, and profile evaluation index.
- For the Goa Institute of Management to confirm the student’s admission, the necessary paperwork and money must be submitted.
Admission to the GIM Goa PGDM Part-Time Program
- Students must take the required standardized test, such as the XAT, CAT, CMAT, GMAT, or MAT, and receive a passing score.
- Candidates must submit the GIM Goa application form and their email addresses by the deadline.
- Shortlisted candidates will have a legitimate test score and a profile of three years of work experience.
- Candidates that are chosen must show up for an interview.
- After the payment of the required fees and document verification, applicants are given admission offers.
FPM Admission Process at GIM Goa
- Candidates must submit two LORs and the GIM Goa application form.
- Candidates are shortlisted based on their submission of a Statement of Purpose (SOP) and a research proposal.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted must show up and be eligible for an in-person interview.
- The Statement of the Purpose, the research proposal, the assessment of prior academic performance, the research interests, the relevant job experience, and the interview will all be used to choose the students.
- Candidates who meet the requirements must verify their documents and finish the required GIM Goa admissions procedures.
Required Documents for GIM Goa
- SSC grade report
- HSC grade report
- reservation confirmations
- transfer authorization
- (Official/provisional) Bachelor’s degree
- Certificate of Work Experience, Letter of Reference, and Awards (if applicable)
- Recommendation letter
- Academic Achievements and a Resume/CV
- Purpose Statement (SOP)
GIM Goa Placements
All internship and placement activities are coordinated by the Goa Institute of Management’s dedicated placement division. The college’s placement cell organizes a GIM Goa placement drive. The GIM Goa Placement Cell makes sure that students have access to the most job prospects possible. It holds workshops, seminars, industry tours, and other events to get students ready for GIM Goa placements. The placement cell also presents internship opportunities to students.
Process of Placement at GIM Goa
- The invitations are sent by the placement cell of the Goa Institute of Management.
- Students must register with the university’s placement unit.
- Students that have registered upload their resumes.
- The students are narrowed down.
- The hiring procedure starts with written exams, panel discussions, interviews, etc.
- Companies hire students when they successfully complete the selection procedure.
GIM Goa Placement Highlights 2022 – PGDM (HCM)
Rs. 26 Lakhs per annum
Rs. 10.4 Lakhs per annum
GIM Goa Placement Highlights 2022 – PGDM (BIFS)
Total number of students
Percentage of batch placed through PPOs
Number of companies participated in the placement drive
Rs. 17.2 Lakhs per annum
Rs. 11.35 Lakhs per annum
Rs. 11.05 Lakhs per annum
GIM Goa Placement Highlights 2022 – PGDM (BDA)
Rs. 30.2 Lakhs per annum
Rs. 12.8 Lakhs per annum
Rs. 11.6 Lakhs per annum
GIM Goa PGDM Placements 2021 – Specialisation-wise Details
Rs. 11.11 LPA
Rs. 21.34 LPA
Rs. 10.35 LPA
Rs. 25.60 LPA
Rs. 9.07 LPA
Rs. 13 LPA
Rs. 10.89 LPA
Rs. 14.92 LPA
GIM Goa Facilities
The students at GIM Goa have access to several amenities. The residential, athletic, cafeteria, auditorium, and other facilities at the Goa Institute of Management are only a few examples. Boys’ and girls’ hostels are available separately at the institute. The institute’s library offers a variety of academic resources to students. The sports facilities and a gymnasium are also part of the Goa Institute of Management’s amenities. Events and functions are organized in the auditorium. The Goa Institute of Management contains an amphitheater in addition to an auditorium. The auditorium and amphitheater are equipped with the most recent audio-visual technology. The institute also features audio-visual equipment in its courses. For the benefit of the students, GIM Goa provides various departmental laboratories. On the GIM Goa campus, there is also current IT infrastructure.
The institute offers dorms for male students. The students are given all they need. The hostels have restrooms that are attached and equipped rooms.
The institute offers dorms for female students. The hostels offer basic amenities including security, power, and water supply. There are single and shared rooms available.
A library is among the features of GIM Goa. Numerous textbooks, reference books, periodicals, magazines, e-books, and other academic materials are available at the library. The institute also offers online services. The library has a subscription to EBSCOHOST and Pearson e-books. The library features an integrated ERP system, and RFID enables 24-hour access. Over 7,000 titles are available at the institute. With assistance from the University of Ohio in the USA, the titles are updated on a regular basis.
The students at the Goa Institute of Management have access to numerous sporting facilities. Fields and grounds for numerous indoor and outdoor sports are included. The sports include volleyball, badminton, basketball, football, tennis, and table tennis.
Infrastructure for IT
The institute is equipped with the most recent and cutting-edge IT infrastructure. The institute offers top-tier IBM and HP servers.
Students and teachers frequently perform numerous activities and festivities in the institute’s auditorium and amphitheater.
Associations of Alumni
The college’s alumni group is a valuable resource for networking.
The Goa Institute of Management provides high-speed internet connectivity. The campus has 100 Mbps optical fiber infrastructure and WiFi, allowing students to access educational resources at any time and from any location.
The pupils have access to a swimming pool thanks to the institute.
Modern audiovisual equipment is available in all GIM Goa classrooms. Modern television, video, projection, and presentation tools are available in the classrooms.
On campus, there are many different laboratories. Data labs, financial labs, etc. are included in this. The goal of the finance lab is to help aspiring finance managers build their skills in best practices from financial product invention, creation, and management.
The institute offers a gym that is furnished with the most up-to-date technology.
GIM Goa FAQs
QUES: What is the CAT cutoff for students in the SC category at institutions like Jamnalal Bajaj, BITS, BIMTECH, Fore, and GIM?
At institutions like Jamnalal Bajaj, BITS, BIMTECH, FORE, and GIM, the CAT cutoff for SC applicants is roughly between the 70 and 75 percentile. However, a profile is used more when making the call. As a result, the call’s general profile needs to be appropriate. Only on the basis of merit are candidates for All India Seats admitted. The cut-off is typically 99.99 percentile for All India seats.
QUES: What is the entire cost of the Goa Institute of Management’s FPM program?
Coursework, Comprehensive Examination & Research Seminar, and Thesis Work are the three separate parts of the full-time doctoral program known as FPM. The nominal annual registration price is Rs. 10,000, along with an Rs. 2000 thesis submission charge. Up to Rs. 40,000 in monthly stipend, on-campus housing, and Rs. 25,000 per year for four years are provided, and Rs. 20,000 is provided as a grant for data collection in the third year.
QUES: What scholarships is the Goa Institute of Management offering?
By awarding scholarships to deserving students, GIM maintains diversity, access, and quality. Students who demonstrate merit are given scholarships including the Academic Competence and Excellence Scholarship Scheme (ACCESS) and the GIM-MBBS Scholarship (GMS).
QUES: Which cities have been chosen for the interviews for the Goa Institute of Management’s PGDM program?
Centers for Achievers and Elite Interviews may be found in Bangalore, Goa, Kolkata, Mumbai, and New Delhi, among other locations. The interview and selection process for candidates in the normal round will be conducted online.
QUES: What are the primary requirements for admission to the PGDM programs at the Goa Institute of Management?
For the PGDM programs at Goa Institute of Management, final candidate selection is based on the results of the entrance exam, prior academic performance, job experience, face-to-face evaluation, and composite diversity index.
QUES: What is the procedure for applying to the Goa Institute of Management’s courses?
The Goa Institute of Management’s official website must be accessed by the candidates. An additional tab will open when you click the “Apply Now” icon. Candidates must register on their own. The candidate’s email address will be validated. Complete the application. the application cost for GIM Goa. The application fee is between 1,500 and 4,500 rupees. Send in your application.
QUES: What are the fundamental requirements for applicants to the Goa Institute of Management’s PGDM programme?
Admission to the PGDM programmes at the Goa Institute of Management is based on performance in the entrance exams. Students must take the CAT, CMAT, XAT, or GMAT in order to apply to the GIM Goa PGDM programmes. For admittance to PGDM courses, candidates must additionally show up for a face-to-face evaluation round.
QUES: What number of PGDM specializations does the Goa Institute of Management offer?
Three PGDM specializations are available at the Goa Institute of Management. Big Data Analytics, Healthcare Management, and Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance are the three PGDM specializations available.
QUES: What is the status of the Goa Institute of Management in relation to NIRF 2021?
The college received a score of 52.75 in the NIRF Management Ranking 2021, placing it in 35th place overall. CAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT, and MAT are just a few of the entrance exams used to determine admission to GIM Goa.
QUES: What was the highest wage given to students at the Goa Institute of Management?
For students enrolled in Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) programs, Goa Institute of Management (GIM) is conducting placements in 2022. A PGDM student’s maximum annual income package is Rs 55 lakh. In the ongoing placement process, the average CTC for the PGDM program is currently Rs 14.66 LPA.