- Institute of National Importance
- NIRF Ranking 78th (Engineering)
RANKING – 4.1/5
Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management (IIITM) Gwalior is a premier institute located in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India. It is an autonomous institute established in 1997, and is a deemed university recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Fees: The fees for various programs offered by IIITM Gwalior vary depending on the course and the category of the candidate. The approximate fees for the MBA program is around INR 4 lakhs.
- Address: Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Morena Link Road, Gwalior – 474015, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Average Package: The average placement package offered to the students at IIITM Gwalior is around INR 9 lakhs per annum.
- Founder: IIITM Gwalior was established in 1997 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Cut off: The cut off for IIITM Gwalior varies for different programs and is based on the candidate’s score in national level entrance exams such as CAT, CMAT, and JEE Main.
- Online courses: IIITM Gwalior offers various online courses such as Executive Program in Business Analytics, Executive Program in Digital and Social Media Marketing, and Executive Program in Data Science and Big Data Analytics.
- Notable alumni: IIITM Gwalior has a strong alumni network which includes many entrepreneurs, business leaders and professionals in the field of information technology and management.
- Course admissions: Admission to the various courses offered by IIITM Gwalior is based on the candidate’s score in national level entrance exams and academic performance. The institute also conducts its own entrance exam for admission to certain courses.
- Highest Package: The highest placement package offered to the students at IIITM Gwalior is around INR 23 lakhs per annum.
- MBA fees: The approximate fees for the MBA program offered by IIITM Gwalior is around INR 4 lakhs.
- Executive MBA: IIITM Gwalior offers Executive Program in Business Analytics, Executive Program in Digital and Social Media Marketing, and Executive Program in Data Science and Big Data Analytics.
- Distance MBA: IIITM Gwalior does not offer a distance MBA program.
- Fees for BBA: IIITM Gwalior does not offer a BBA program.
- Campus area: IIITM Gwalior has a sprawling campus spread over 155 acres.
- Online MBA fees: IIITM Gwalior does not offer an online MBA program.
- Courses for working professionals: IIITM Gwalior offers various executive programs for working professionals in the fields of business analytics, digital and social media marketing, and data science and big data analytics.
- Scholarship: IIITM Gwalior provides scholarships to deserving students based on merit and financial need.
- Eligibility criteria: The eligibility criteria for various programs offered by IIITM Gwalior vary depending on the course and the category of the candidate. Generally, a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field and a valid score in national level entrance exams are required for admission.
ABV IIITM Gwalior was founded in 1997 and is a nationally significant institution. The university provides 13 courses at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate levels. The institute also provides integrated 5-year programs. The placement unit of the Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management in Gwalior also oversees the entire hiring procedure. The institute provides its students with a comprehensive range of amenities, including dorms, a library, a gym, and others. IIITM Gwalior is connected to Grantham College of Management. According to the NIRF Ranking 2022 for the Management category, the institute is ranked 64th.
The institution is situated in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, at the Morena Road IIITM Campus. Gwalior Airport is the closest airport to the institute. 9.3 kilometers separate it from the campus. The closest railroad station to the university is Gwalior Railway Station, which is about 7.3 kilometers away. Gwalior Bus Stop is the bus stop closest to the Institute. It is only 1.6 kilometers distant from the university and can be reached there in 5 minutes.
IIITM Gwalior Courses & Fees
13 courses in total are offered at IIITM Gwalior in the undergraduate, dual degree, postgraduate, and doctoral levels. Out of the 13 courses given by the IIITM in Gwalior, 3 are available at the undergraduate level, including 2 dual degree courses, 7 are offered at the graduate level, and 3 are offered at the doctoral level. The fees for the B.Tech. and M.Tech. programmes at IIITM Gwalior are Rs. 5,35,000 and Rs. 2,60,000, respectively. Students must meet the requirements in order to apply for any of the IIITM Gwalior courses.
B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
Candidates must have passed any other exam or have completed class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) as their subjects.
A bachelor’s degree in the pertinent stream and subject is required of applicants.
Candidates must have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree program with a minimum GPA of 50% (or 45% for candidates from the reserved category) in the qualifying test.
B.Tech and M.Tech
Candidates must have passed either another exam or the Intermediate (10+2) examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) as subjects.
B.Tech and M.B.A
Candidates must hold a master’s degree in the appropriate field.
IIITM Gwalior Cut-off
Students must meet the IIITM Gwalior GATE cut-off in order to be admitted to its M.Tech programs, whereas JEE Mains marks are used to determine admission to its B.Tech and dual degree programs. For students to be eligible for the next round of admissions, they must achieve the IIITM Gwalior cut-off for their specific category. The IIITM Gwalior GATE cut-off is made public as a range of possible scores. The total number of seats available for admission by IIITM Gwalior, the total number of exam applications received, the distribution of candidates by category, and other factors all play a role in determining the cut-off for a given year.
IIIT Gwalior JEE Main Cutoff 2021
Computer Science and Engineering
Integrated B. Tech (IT) and M. Tech (IT)
Integrated B. Tech (IT) and MBA
IIITM Gwalior GATE Cutoff 2021
VLSI & Embedded Systems
Process for Admission to IIITM Gwalior
Admission is available to undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate programmes at IIITM Gwalior. Students must submit an online application through the institute’s official website in order to be considered for admission. Students must take JEE Main and then JoSAA counseling in order to be considered for UG admissions at IIITM Gwalior. However, GATE exam scores for entrance exams are taken into account for M.Tech programmes, and candidates must take the CAT for M.B.A. admissions. In contrast, an aptitude test is administered for PhD admissions at IIITM Gwalior, followed by a counseling session.
How do I apply to the IIITM in Gwalior?
- Candidates for admission must go to the university’s official website.
- Candidates can find an application form on the website.
- Candidates must complete the whole application.
- They must upload each and every required document.
- Candidates must pay the IIITM Gwalior application fee after completing the form.
- They should submit the form at the end.
UG Admissions at IIITM Gwalior
At the undergraduate level, IIITM Gwalior only offers 3 courses, of which 2 are integrated 5-year programs. The B.Tech program lasts four years.
UG Admission Procedure at IIITM Gwalior
- Candidates seeking admission to the IIITM Gwalior B.Tech programme must submit an online application.
- Candidates must take the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) and obtain passing scores in order to be considered eligible.
- Candidates must apply through JoSAA counseling after receiving genuine JEE Main scores.
- Candidates must fill out their college preferences during counseling and choose IIITM Gwalior as their top choice.
- During the counseling procedure, candidates will be assigned seats for admission to IIITM Gwalior based on their JEE Main scores.
- The payment of IIITM Gwalior tuition and document verification will conclude the admissions process.
Admission Procedure for M.Tech. at IIITM Gwalior
- Candidates who want to enroll in the IIITM Gwalior M.Tech programme must be eligible.
- The IIITM Gwalior application form, which was made available on the website, must be filled out by qualified applicants.
- Candidates must submit an application and show up for the GATE.
- The GATE ranking of each candidate is taken into consideration when choosing candidates.
- Candidates chosen for admission to the IIITM Gwalior M.Tech programme must visit the campus.
- To get admitted, candidates must finish the document verification process and pay the required fees.
Admissions to the IIITM Gwalior M.B.A.
- Candidates who want to be admitted must meet the requirements.
- Candidates who meet the requirements must apply and take the CAT.
- Participants in a round of group discussion must have a valid score on the Common Admission Test (CAT).
- After the GD, there will be a round of individual interviews.
- The CAT score, group discussions, and the candidate’s personal interview all factor towards the final decision.
- Admissions to the IIITM Gwalior Ph.D.
- Three specializations of the IIITM’s Ph.D. program are available, and each programme lasts six years.
Procedure for IIITM Gwalior Ph.D. Selection
- Candidates who qualify must complete the online application.
- Candidates must show up for an aptitude exam that the institute will perform.
- Candidates who pass the exam are required to show up for counseling.
- A list of the shortlisted candidates is made public by the institute.
- The last-placed candidates must travel to the campus to have their documents verified and to pay their IIITM Gwalior tuition.
Required IIITM Gwalior Documents
- All transcripts for candidates.
- GATE/JEE where appropriate, is the main scorecard.
- Passport-size images.
- if necessary, a certificate of caste.
- Proof of Birthdate.
IIITM Gwalior Placements
The entire recruitment process that takes place in the institute is managed by the Career Development and Placement Cell of IIITM Gwalior. In order to conduct the interviews, the IIITM Placement Cell welcomes businesses to its campus. The cell also takes it upon itself to shape and polish students’ personalities so they are prepared to meet with employers. The placement office at IIITM Gwalior assists in bridging the gap between the needs of students and the requirements of employers. The registered students visit these MNCs for interviews, and afterward, the businesses send out a list of the chosen candidates, who are then given offer letters.
IIITM Gwalior Placement Statistics 2022
Rs. 1.95 Crore
Rs. 24.85 Lakhs
B.Tech + M.Tech
Rs. 1.02 Crore
Rs. 23.26 Lakhs
B.Tech + M.B.A
Rs. 45 Lakhs
Rs. 18.85 Lakhs
Rs. 45 Lakhs
Rs. 14 Lakhs
Rs. 11 Lakhs
Rs. 7.5 Lakhs
IIITM Gwalior Facilities
The faculty and students of the Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management (ABV IIITM) in Gwalior have access to infrastructure facilities. 160 acres or thereabouts have been set aside to build this top-notch institute with all-modern ABV IIITM facilities. The institute has been able to produce built-up areas of up to 121090 square meters of the entire area allowed, and its total built-up area to date has been close to 72480 square meters. The campus is divided into several blocks, some of which are designated for the dormitory units and others for various departments of education and resource centers. Moreover, data processing facilities and computer labs.
Playgrounds and sporting events are also available at ABV IIITM facilities for the students’ refreshments. Additionally, the institute offers a variety of workshops all year long to keep students interested in the subjects they are studying. The following information on the amenities at IIITM Gwalior is available to students:
There are four separate hostels for boys. The best hostel on campus is Aravali Hostel, a boys-only facility that is also the oldest. The second one is called the Nilgiri, and it’s also one of the oldest and best hostels to stay in in terms of amenities. The third is called Shivalik, and it is built on the values of Lord Shiva. The Satpura, the newest of the university hostels, is the fourth one. The campus now has one unit of an international visitor hostel. All of the hostel units are equipped with amenities like a playground, indoor game complexes, TV lounges, rooms with attached geysers, and filtered water.
There is only one hostel for girls. The girls’ hostel, Gangotri, is known for its excellent upkeep, spacious rooms, and stunning architecture. On campus, there is now one hostel for international visitors. All of the hostel units are equipped with amenities like a playground, indoor game complexes, TV lounges, rooms with attached geysers, and filtered water. A council of wardens oversees hostel operations.
Students at the university have access to department-based laboratories where they can learn some practical skills.
For the sake of its students, the university offers a gym where they can keep up their physical condition.
There is a library at Library IIITM Gwalior for both faculty and students. The main book section, book bank, e-learning area, and reading room are the five sections that make up the library. Both the main area and the book bank have collections of titles and books. Journals, periodicals, newspapers, and books on CDs and DVDs are available to students. The library is open from Monday through Saturday; it is closed on Sundays and federal holidays.
A large campus known as Sports ABV IIITM provides students with access to both indoor and outdoor facilities for table tennis, squash, badminton, and football.
Infrastructure for IT
Students at the university have access to first-rate IT infrastructure. The most recent hardware and software are installed on computer systems.
Associations of Alumni
The university’s alumni association is a valuable resource for networking.
The personnel and students at the university have access to Wi-Fi.
The IIITM Gwalior campus has auditoriums for hosting events, seminars, and workshops where students can demonstrate their technological proficiency.
There is a medical facility on campus that handles general injuries for everyone there.
IIITM Gwalior Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
1: Is IIIT Gwalior a public or private institution?
In 1997, the Government of India’s MHRD (Ministry of Education) founded the private Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management (IIITM) in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh.
2: What are the fees for the IIITM M.Tech program?
The cost of an M.Tech. at IIITM is Rs. 2,60,000.
3: The IIITM Gwalior is linked with how many colleges?
IIITM Gwalior has only one college connected with it, Grantham College of Management.
4: Which bus stop is closest to IIITM Gwalior?
Gwalior Bus Stop is the bus stop closest to the Institute.
5: Which CTC for B.Tech + M.B.A students received the highest offer during the IIITM Gwalior Placement Drive in 2022?
The highest CTC for students pursuing a B.Tech + M.B.A. was Rs. 45 lakhs in 2022.
6: How many seats are available in the IIITM Gwalior’s B.Tech. M.Tech. programme?
The Institute has 119 places available for its M.Tech and B.Tech programmes combined.
7: How many M.B.A. seats are available at IIITM Gwalior?
20 to 50 seats are available for M.B.A. programmes.
8: What was the B.Tech students’ average CTC at the IIITM Gwalior Placement drive in 2022?
In 2022, the B.Tech students’ average CTC was Rs. 24.85 Lakhs.
9: What are the requirements for admission to the IIITM Gwalior M.Tech programme?
A bachelor’s degree in the pertinent stream and subject is required of applicants.
10: What examinations are acceptable for admission to the IIITM Gwalior MBA programme?
Candidates who want to be admitted to M.B.A. programmes must take the CAT exam and receive a passing score.