- Autonomous College of University of Mumbai, Mumbai
RANKING – 4.8/5
Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) is a premier management institute located in Mumbai, India.
- Fees: The fees for the two-year full-time MMS program at JBIMS is approximately INR 6,00,000. However, fees for other programs such as the part-time MIM program, executive programs, etc. may vary.
- Address: JBIMS is located in the heart of Mumbai at Backbay Reclamation, H.T. Parekh Marg, Churchgate, Mumbai.
- Average Package: The average package for the MMS program at JBIMS ranges between INR 20-25 lakhs per annum.
- Founder: JBIMS was founded in 1965 by the University of Mumbai in collaboration with the Graduate School of Business, Stanford University.
- Cut off: The cut off for admission to the MMS program at JBIMS varies each year and depends on various factors such as the number of applicants, difficulty level of the entrance exam, etc.
- Online courses: JBIMS offers various online programs such as the e-MDP, e-MDP+, and e-Post Graduate Programs for working professionals.
- Notable alumni: JBIMS has a strong alumni network, including business leaders like Chanda Kochhar (former CEO of ICICI Bank), Harsh Mariwala (Chairman of Marico), and Ajay Piramal (Chairman of Piramal Group).
- Course admissions: Admissions to the MMS program at JBIMS are based on scores obtained in the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the Maharashtra State CET Cell, followed by a Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
- Highest package: The highest package offered at JBIMS is usually around INR 35-40 lakhs per annum.
- MBA fees: The fees for the two-year full-time MBA program at JBIMS is approximately INR 6,00,000.
- Executive MBA: JBIMS offers a part-time Master in Information Management (MIM) program for executives.
- Distance MBA: JBIMS does not offer a distance MBA program.
- Fees for BBA: JBIMS does not offer a BBA program.
- Fees after CAT: Admissions to JBIMS are not based on CAT scores, but on CET scores.
- Campus area: JBIMS has a small campus area of approximately 1.5 acres.
- BBA: JBIMS does not offer a BBA program.
- Online MBA fees: JBIMS does not offer an online MBA program.
- Courses for working professionals: JBIMS offers various executive programs and online programs for working professionals.
- Scholarship: JBIMS offers scholarships to deserving students based on various criteria such as academic performance, financial need, etc.
- Eligibility criteria: To be eligible for the MMS program at JBIMS, candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category candidates). They must also have a valid CET score.
The Mumbai-based Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, founded in 1965, is renowned for developing business executives who have gradually shaped India’s commercial landscape. The University of Mumbai is associated with the independent private business school JBIMS, which is located in the nation’s financial center. The business school provides two-year full-time master’s degree programs in finance, human resource development, and management studies (MMS, MHRD) (MSc Finance).
Additionally, the institute offers part-time MMS programs in marketing management, financial management, human resource development management, and information management (MIM). The learners must be present in person for the entirety of all college courses.
Location of the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
The institute is adjacent to Mumbai’s commercial center, Nariman Point, in Churchgate. Churchgate Metro Station, located around 250 meters away and reachable on foot via the H T Parekh Marge, is the closest metro station to the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies in Mumbai. Additionally, the JBIMS in Mumbai is only 2 kilometers from the CST Local Train Station. The distance between the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport in Mumbai and the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai is about 23 kilometers, and students can easily travel there by bus or taxi.
JBIMS Mumbai Courses & Fees
The college offers doctoral-level and postgraduate courses. Every programme offered by JBIMS Mumbai is residential and geared toward the development of managers and change agents. The programmes provide a comprehensive curriculum that is continually updated in accordance with market demands, changing company models, shifting management paradigms, and the most recent professional standards. All of the MMS, MHRD, M.Sc. Finance and part-time MMS programmes offered by JBIMS Mumbai are associated with the University of Mumbai.
The requirements for admission and cost for courses at the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies vary based on the format, length, and other elements. Students must have graduated from a UGC-approved university in order to enroll, nevertheless. The Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies in Mumbai requires a minimum of two years of professional experience for its part-time MMS programs. The following provides more information on the eligibility requirements for courses at the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies in Mumbai:
Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai Courses and Eligibility Criteria
a bachelor’s degree from a university accredited by the UGC CAT/MHA MBA CET scores that are valid. UPSC scores waive the need for the CAT/MAH CET for applicants.
MMS Finance Management Part Time
possess a bachelor’s degree from a UGC-approved university. Having worked as an executive or supervisor for at least two years.
MMS Marketing Management Part Time
MMS Human Resource Development Management Part Time
MMS Information Management Part Time
60% on the 10th and 12th grade exams. a valid CAT/MAH CET score and a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Master of Human Resource Development
50% on the 10th and 12th grade exams. Bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited institution with a minimum grade point average
a Masters degree from an accredited university, or its equivalent
JBIMS Mumbai Cut-off
Admission to the institute’s various programmes is based on MAH CET and CAT results. For admission to postgraduate programmes, students must score at least the JBIMS Mumbai cutoff in the MAH CET or CAT. On its official website, Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies publishes the cutoff. The cutoff changes depending on the type of student. The institute has different entry requirements for each programme. The number of applicants, the number of test takers, the difficulty level of the entrance exam, etc. all have an impact on the JBIMS Mumbai cutoff.
JBIMS Mumbai Cutoff – M.Sc. Science Programme
MAH CET Cutoff
Process of Admission to JBIMS Mumbai
The institute admits students to a wide variety of full- and part-time programmes. Every year, thousands of applicants apply for JBIMS admissions. Candidates must take the MAH CET to be admitted to the MMS programme. Candidates’ MAH CET/CAT scores are used to determine admission to the M.Sc. Finance programme at the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies. Written aptitude tests, group activities, and personal interviews are all conducted by the institute in order to admit students to the Master of Human Resource Development programme. Admission to MMS Part Time programmes at JBIMS Mumbai is based on results from a common entrance exam and a college-conducted personal interview.
Process for Admission to JIMS Mumbai – MMS
- Meet the requirements and take the CAT/MAH MBA CET.
- To register for MAH CET counseling, you must meet the MAH CET cutoff.
- Participate in the MAH CET counseling session being held by the Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell.
- Enter your college preferences, and JIMS Mumbai should be your first pick.
- According to the colleges chosen by the candidates and their entrance exam results.
- Visit the campus once JIMS Mumbai gets designated.
- Pay admissions fees and turn in all necessary paperwork to complete the admissions process.
Admissions at Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies – M.Sc. Finance
- Participate in the CAT/MAH CET and earn a passing grade.
- On the college website’s admissions portal, submit an application for the M.Sc. in Finance program.
- Candidates will only be taken into consideration for the Application Rating Score if they fulfill or surpass the minimum requirements listed in the table above (APR).
- The CAT/MH-CET performance, Past Academic Records up to graduation, Work Experience, Extra-Curricular Activities, and Academic and Gender Diversity make up the Application Rating Score.
- Shortlisted candidates will be chosen based on the Past Academic Record (PAR) cutoff scores JBIMS Mumbai has announced.
- JBIMS Mumbai will determine the Application Rating Score (AR) based on the aforementioned factors, and the top 300 applicants will be contacted for an in-person interview (IPA).
- Group activity, written ability tests, and personal interviews make up the IPA.
- Seats will thereafter be allocated to qualified candidates based on the Total Score calculation.
- Candidates who have been given seats must pay fees and submit paperwork to confirm their admittance.
Documents Required for M.Sc. Admission at JBIMS Mumbai
Candidates must present two copies of their original documents that have been self-attested.
- Certificate and grade sheet for the tenth grade
- The mark sheet and certificate for 10+2
- A diploma, a passing grade, and all-time grade reports
- For students in the reserved category, a birth certificate or proof of residence
- Where applicable, a caste certificate, a caste/tribe validity certificate, and a non-creamy layer certificate issued by the appropriate government
- Physically Handicapped Certificate, as required by the appropriate authority and the government.
- The scorecards for the preliminary and main exams, as well as the letter inviting candidates to an interview, for those who took the UPSC Civil Service Examination.
JBIMS Mumbai Placements
In a management institute, placements are essential. The school has a duty to support students in building prosperous futures and becoming future leaders. The JBIMS Mumbai placement drive is a procedure that aids pupils in showcasing their abilities and landing jobs with the corporate behemoths they desire. Institute of Management Studies at Jamnalal Bajaj Students who participate in placement drives have the chance to join the ranks of corporate powerhouses and business titans. The final placement drive for students in their last semester and the summer placement drive, which is similar to a full-time summer internship, are two of the placement drives organized by the management institute.
Fast Facts about BIMS Mumbai Placement
A total of 68 organizations participated in the placement drive and offered positions to the students, according to the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies placement report for the MMS batch 2019–21. The average annual income provided to MMS students was Rs. 22,28,000. In the academic year 2019–20, students enrolled in the M.Sc. in Finance program received salaries averaging Rs. 17,27,000 annually.
JBIMS Mumbai Placements MMS (2019-2021)
Total Companies that Visited
Rs. 22.28 LPA
Rs. 44 LPA
Rs. 23.16 LPA
Number of PPOs
JBIMS Mumbai Placement Data M.Sc. Finance (2019-2020)
Rs. 17.27 LPA
Rs. 24 LPA
Rs. 16.60 LPA
Average CTC of Top 10%
Rs. 22.67 LPA
JBIMS Mumbai Summer Placement M.Sc. Finance (2019-2021 Batch)
Rs. 2.40 Lakhs
Rs. 1.25 Lakhs
Rs. 1 Lakh
Average stipend of Top 10%
Rs. 2.17 Lakhs
JBIMS Mumbai Facilities
The institute has improved and modernized facilities for both teachers and students. The facilities at the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies offer students on campus a comfortable setting. In addition to well-stocked libraries, indoor and outdoor recreational facilities, and separate dormitories for boys and girls, the institute has these amenities. JBIMS Mumbai offers teaching in contemporary classrooms. The list of amenities at JBIMS Mumbai also includes wifi, a state-of-the-art IT infrastructure, and an auditorium with cutting-edge technology.
Hostels are available at JBIMS Mumbai for the housing of students. In order to ensure that students live pleasantly, hostels are equipped with all the necessities.
Girls students are housed separately at the institute. Students are made comfortable in the large, spotless rooms found in female hostels.
The state-of-the-art library of JBIMS Mumbai is home to thousands of management-related books, publications, and journals. Additionally, a few Ph.D. theses are provided to aid students in their academic and research endeavors.
Students can participate in both indoor and outdoor sports on campus. Sporting events are held frequently for the student’s health and safety.
Infrastructure for IT
For the benefit of the students, the college has IT facilities. The students have access to computers with Pentium processors that are connected to packages for statistical analysis, project management, and business environment simulation. Additionally, they have constant access to the internet.
The college has an auditorium with 150 seats that is completely air-conditioned. The college’s auditorium hosts a variety of academic and non-academic events.
Associations of Alumni
The college’s alumni group is a valuable resource for networking.
Both students and professors have access to Wi-Fi at the college. Everywhere on campus has internet connectivity for students.
On campus, the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies offers contemporary classrooms. Modern technology is present in every classroom, facilitating efficient learning.
JBIMS Mumbai Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
1: Which airport is closest to the JBIMS campus in Mumbai?
The airport that is closest to the college is Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport in Mumbai. It is 23 kilometers from the university.
2: Does the university award scholarships to deserving students?
Yes, JBIMS Mumbai offers numerous scholarships to deserving students.
- What requirements must a student meet in order to be admitted to the Master of Human Resource Development programme?
Candidates must have received 50% or higher in their 10th, 12th, and graduate classes in order to be considered for admission to the MHRD programme.
4: What was the 2020 M.Sc. Finance cutoff at JBIMS Mumbai?
For general category candidates, the cutoff scores for the M.Sc. The finance courses in 2020 were 95 (CAT) and 97 (MAH CET).
5.Where can students obtain the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies cutoff?
The institute’s official website has the cutoff information.
6: JBIMS Mumbai offers how many part-time courses?
The college offers four evening classes. MMS Marketing Management Part Time, MMS Finance Management Part-Time, and others are a few of them.
7: How many seats are available in the M.Sc. in Finance program at JBIMS Mumbai?
The college’s M.Sc. The finance course has 30 seats available in total.
8: Does the campus include separate dorms for female students?
Yes, the college offers housing in separate female hostels.
9: How long is the part-time MMS Marketing Management program?
The MMS Marketing Management Part-Time program lasts for three years.
10: How many courses does JBIMS Mumbai offer?
The college provides 8 doctoral-level and postgraduate courses.